Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Petrie Island is awesome!

Yesterday we spent the day at Petrie Island. It's a beach on the Ottawa River out in Orleans, but more than that, it's a natural reserve for turtles and frogs, birds and another amphibians. The children were thrilled to be here, and I must admit I thought it was really relaxing there as well. I hadn't been on a hike in a long time and was reminded of how much Kayla and Jory loved to go hiking when they were younger. The kids searched for fossils, skipped rocked, tried to catch frogs, and we browsed many beautiful flowers and plants in the pond like atmosphere. We enjoyed a picnic on the beach afterwards.








After all that, I was totally exhausted but we drove out to Remic Rapids and had a look at the Inook Shooks (spelling??). I think they change these every year...however...they were kinda cool looking.




It was supposed to rain today...but looks like it's gonna be a good one, so i think we'll go to Andrew Hayden Park today to feed the geese and ducks (which they have signs everywhere not to). We'll bring a picnic and take a walk out to the little tiny lighthouse. I hope we aren't too tired....all this exercise has been good for us - we all slept like babies last night. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

May you be blessed today and always. Lots of loves from us; Sandra, Kayla and Jory. :)