Sunday, January 06, 2008

I'm alive!

Ya that's rite. We're alive. IT was a close one. We went out to the car to leave for D's house...started off by finding out someone had broken into it...nothing damaged or stolen, cuz i don't keep anything but crap in there...but still!! The contents of my glove compartment were strewn all over the car.

We drove off to D's. On the Highway, some idiot blue chev wandered into my lane (I was in the passing lane going 105 km.)....he just wandered...no blinker...nothing...just started driving half in my lane and half in his...i reacted...to get out of the lane...turned my wheel to the left...and hit the shoulder...reacted to get back in my land, but he was swerving AGAIN....and i lost control of my car and went right into the ditch on the left hand side. NOW...the miracle is...that it was a flat ditch...but lots of snow... When we went down...the snow covered the entired car and the inside turned black and my life flashed before my eyes...because all i did was grip my wheels, close my eyes and say OH MY GOD!!!!!!! Angels were looking after us yesterday. First thing i did was call Dennis. He phoned the police, to which they had told him they had already received two phone calls about it...so within minutes there was a paramedic, a fire truck, and an OPP officer. We were all okay, but really really scared and quite shooken up. I'm so tense from the nerves...my back and shoulders hurt and i clenched my jaw so tight that i have a migraine...but other than that we are okay! Thank you Jesus.

A really nice guy with a big tow truck came and pulled us out...we had to get cranked out of there...

I'll have to bring it to garage tomorrow for an assessment...engine smells like it's burning, brakes are touchy, and it shakes a bit....i also totally ripped the wheel skirts right off...so there'll be some body work to do too.

SO...my first accident....i was scared to death -- but really it could have been much worse...so thank you JESUS again...for your angels. We remembered to pray before we came home tonight...just to make sure we got home safely!

7 comments:

  1. OMW!!! Sandra.. Thank you Jesus that you and the children are alright girl... I was reading so fast to see the outcome, but I am SO glad that you are safe...

    I will be praying for the car expenses to be very cheap, and for it to get fixed it's smooth sailing.

    And I'll be praying that there are no hidden injuries to any of you as well and that you heal just fine.

    OMW... Girl I know you must of been afraid. Thank you Jesus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh!! Sandra!! I'm so glad you're ok! How terribly scary! Thank God he was looking out. Man, what a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I woke up this morning with some bruises on my arm and muscles are extremely tight in my legs and shoulder...but other than that I'm fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness girl!!! How scary!!! That stuff seems to happen so fast!! I am so glad & I praise God that you are all safe & no serious injuries!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG SIS, i am so glad you are okay but OMG how friggin scary. is that other guy's insurance gonna pay for anything? or did he flee the scene? it is his fault. how does all that work?

    thank god you are okay.

    love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. He didn't even know what happened...i think he was drunk...and i didn't get his plate #...it all happened so fast!! The police gave me a report # so i have opened a claim...and am bringing the car for an estimate today....my insurance will pay for it...but my deductible is $500.00....and honestly if it's under a thousand dollars, i'll just pay out of my pocket so my rates don't go up. UGH...what a pain in the ARSE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! I'm glad you guys are alright.. I just found out because memere called us.. that is truly scary.. God definetly sent an angel to you and saved you! Thank God for that! Wow!! That would be so scary for you. I love you all so much and I am glad you are ok!!

    xoxoxoxox Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete

May you be blessed today and always. Lots of loves from us; Sandra, Kayla and Jory. :)