Kids have their first PD day today. Kayla was up before I left - I told her to get back to bed, but she wanted to grab the computer before Jory got up. Typical. Hehehe.
So...it's Thanksgiving this weekend. Couldn't help but remember how much I love this time of year. So much I decided to get married 15 years ago yesterday. That's right, I'm still officially/legally married, so i celebrated my 15th wedding anniversary yesterday. 3 years on my own...and although at the beginning of my 'loneness' i would have cried the whole day, I sat and thought about how much I just didn't care about him. I didn't think I'd ever get to a point where I'd not be sad that I was almost divorced, but I thought about that day I officially will be and I smiled. I wish it would hurry up. We're almost there. Lawyers are working on the final stages...HURRY IT UP!
I thought of all the things I am grateful for last night, as I lay in bed praying my heart out. Prayed for my kids - thankful they are both healthy (spirit, mind and body) and thankful that they recognize I am their ROCK. Thank you God for my kids.
Thankful for my home. Even though I don't like the circumstance around it, I am thankful that God blesses me with it, and that I can afford it. I am thankful for the 'other' family recognizing that I need 'their' help to make it through. I am thankful to be alive. 3 years ago...I spent many nights wanting to leave this world, and am thankful that I didn't. :-)
Thankful for my family. My mom and dad and sisters/brother who love me and care about me. I am thankful for my neices and nephews and thankful that I will yet again, be an aunt to another little one in April. Thank you God that she/he will be healthy and will be a blessing to our family.
And of course, I am so thankful for Dennis. At a time i felt that NO one could relate to me, that no one could understand me, know me and I had no one to share my soul with, he came along. The past two years I have felt like I finally had the other part of me that I had been looking for all of my life. I can share my deepest thoughts and feelings with D, and know that I am understood, accepted and loved. It is the most amazing feeling knowing that someone out there loves you just the way you are, faults and everything.
I am thankful for all the things that are yet to come. I am mostly thankful that in spite of all my shortcomings and failures, God still takes care of me and loves me enough to let me love these people back.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Awwww, That was soooo nice and PASSIONATE!!!
ReplyDeleteLUV STEPH -XOXO
Well it's the truth!! I'm a sap!! haha
ReplyDelete