Mosquitoes at night were horrible, so we didn't have too many campfires. I think we ended up having three campfires in total...one of them we smartened up and did it in the afternoon, so we didn't have to worry about the pesky mosquitoes. It was soooooooo fun!! Grams and papa came to visit on our last night there, and it turned out Papa was Dennis' good luck fishing charm!! He caught a few fish that night!
I cannot tell you how relaxing this entire week was - I was really sad packing up to go home, because it was like a 'perfect' family week for me - us all together for the entire week - even though it was cramped at times, to me it was blissful. Everyone got along, kept busy and had fun!!
It's pretty amazing though; how much you appreciate your own home and the luxuries of modern conveniences AFTER you get back from living in the semi-wild for 7 days. Today, i'm at home, doing mounds of laundry and scrubbing the dirt off my feet and underneath my toenails. It's not too often you get to spend an entire week without wearing makeup - going braless and not having to straight iron your hair! It was a holiday for sure - one that I'll never forget. AND hey, if my man still loves me and thinks i'm beautiful after seeing me at my worst, it's a sure thing -- he's a keeper!
Oh Sandra I am so glad you had a nice time! Ok that frog is freaking huge!!!!! I have to show Nicolas! He loves frogs. That must be a bull frog. The lake looks beautiful. I love all the pics.
ReplyDeleteWELCOME BACK!! We missed you! I am so happy you had a good time- the pics look great- Some of those lake shots are just gorgeous!
ReplyDelete