Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Marshmallow

This layout is of Kayla roasting her first marshmallow of the year, on the campfire. I don't know about you, but have you noticed the amount of mosquitoes this year to be extraordinarily disgusting. We could not enjoy a campfire at night because the mosquitoes were too thick. I'm so glad I caught on camera, that marshmallow on fire! Kids can be so impatient - roasting the mallows directly in the flame instead of slow roasting with the heat.


I'd have to say that my favorite thing about camping or hanging out at the cottage is sitting around the campfire at night. I love to play games, sing songs and tell jokes...ghost stories and just reminisce with friends about the past. I love to stare at the flames and I could for hours. It's mesmerizing.

I have to go back to work tomorrow. I don't want to. I wish i could go back to the cottage and spend all my time with Dennis. I love that man more than I could ever put into words. Being without him for today is killing me. Get a grip woman - this is reality. :(

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a great vacation! I love the campfire part too. It's always my favorite thing when we go camping! You got some great photos can't wait to see how you scrap them all!

    ReplyDelete

May you be blessed today and always. Lots of loves from us; Sandra, Kayla and Jory. :)