Friday, October 24, 2008

My Friend Sarah

True Friendships are hard to come by.

I've always been the kind of person not to allow myself to get attached to anyone too quickly, because I moved around alot as a chld and it was difficult for me to 'let go'. It was often painful saying goodbye to friends I was connecting to.
That's why I love Sarah so much.

She is the first friend I've ever had that has been there through everything with me. She was there when I was raising my little children. She was there when I was married and doing all the fun family things. She was there the first time my husband told me he didn't love me anymore. She was there when I found out he was being unfaithful. She was there when he left us. She was there when I cried so hard, I'd throw up. She was there when I hadn't eaten for days and needed someone to bring me soup or tea to get enough energy to move off the couch. She was there when I needed to stalk him at his work just to see him. She was there when I had no car - she took me shopping. She lifted my spirits. She told me truth. She kicked my butt when I needed a good whooping. She made me laugh when I became so dreadfully depressed I wanted to die. She took me shopping when I lost so much weight my clothes were falling off. She celebrated with me when I became independent and got my driver's license (actually she took me to my lessons too!). She was there to cheer me on when I ventured into a new area of relationships (yes, dating!). She was there when I was going through court and getting divorced. She was there when I struggled with my new boyfriend. She listened to me drool over him. She listens to me brag about my kids. She offers support, advice and friendship, but mostly she just loves me - just the way I am. AND for that I am grateful. Thank you Lord, for Sarah. I love you GF!

1 comment:

May you be blessed today and always. Lots of loves from us; Sandra, Kayla and Jory. :)