Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

I was truly overwhelmed yesterday. Dennis surprised me beyond my imaginations. A friend had once told me, "TO EXPECT NOTHING so you won't be disappointed"...and it's been a motto of mine. I expect nothing. SO when i get surprised like I did yesterday - it really is overwhelming.

I got my morning email from Dennis, asking me to be his valentine. I said yes. Told him I loved him. He replied with a photo of a ring and said, "I got you this for Valentine's Day, I hope you like it". Well...of course, it was gorgeous!!! But i thought he was kidding...so i replied that i'd cut it out and paste it to my finger. We chatted back and forth a few more times and then he sent me a pic of the ring again and asked, "SO what size do you wear?" I still at this point, thought he was joking, so i say, "Is it a joke??" Well....he wasn't joking!!

He had found this ring online and when he ordered it, they wouldn't ship to Canada, so he sent me ANOTHER email with pictures of three more ring choices. I had to pick one and he was gonna buy it. SO this is what i picked...and it arrives in two weeks.



It is soooooooo beautiful!

In the morning I was feeling rather depressed thinking Valentine's Day would just be another day and that Dennis would forget to do something special for me. I was wrong. I love that man so much. He's so generous!!
I got a dozen red roses too, from a work colleague...what a wonderful day it was!!!

5 comments:

  1. omg omg omg omg i love love love that ring. it is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!!!! CAN YOU TELL I LOVE IT!!! LMAO.

    that was so sweet of him. i love him for being so awesome to you. you totally deserve it my soul sister. BIG HUGS AND KISSES FROM ME!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ring is just beautiful!!! I am so happy that you had such a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, beautiful ring, enjoy, gotta love those kind of surprises. thanks for the comment about the cre8 dt gig, would have been fun since its a big lovely kit and canad. with a store etc but thats ok, may hang around anyhow.

    interesting about the endome. i hope they find some answers for you, i will be curious to chat with you about it (dr told me i had that a few years back when i was having pain)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a totally beautiful ring girlie and so well deserved for you!!! I know you had your heart set on a ring, and well I think he did that and more! What a very special guy you've got!!!! How cool! I will expect a layout of this you know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a doll he is!! Isn't it the best when they surprise you like that?? LOVE IT!! Enjoy GF, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

May you be blessed today and always. Lots of loves from us; Sandra, Kayla and Jory. :)