I had my very first 'almost in a car accident' night. Driving home from Dennis' the highway was dirty and I ran out of washer fluid (Frig..I should have listened to that inner voice that told me to check the fluid before I left his driveway).
Anyways, I get to city, and had to take the first exit into Kanata. I really didn't know where I was...ha! (I am so non-directional, it's not funny). I stop and fill up my washer fluid and try to find my way back to the highway or at least a familiar road. As I'm slowly pacing down this street...a truck on my right, turning left onto my road...had a stop sign...and failed to!! I was thinking..."Oh shit, he's not gonna stop...so I braked...and had to swerve to the right. THANK GOD...i just missed him...if i hadn't of thought quickly and veered to the right...i would have smacked him right into the driver's door. HOW FRIGGIN' SCARY. So this was my first brush with a near accident - Since I got my driver's licence 3 years ago. I was scared out of my witts. I had to pull over and catch my breath... and then... i couldn't get my witts about me to figure out where I was. I ended up driving in the middle of nowhere and took me an additional half hour to find my way back to the highway.
Anyways...THANK GOD...He was looking out for me. I'm safe. The Kids are safe. No accident and all is well. I tell ya, though...that was really nerve wracking. I hate driving at night...I hate driving in poor weather conditions and I hate driving with a dead cell phone battery (which reminds me to charge the darn thing). I really don't do well in 'new territory'. BUT I did find our way back home. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment
May you be blessed today and always. Lots of loves from us; Sandra, Kayla and Jory. :)