Spent the whole weekend cleaning the house, and organizing. Every night I'd climb into bed, body aching and back feeling like it was broken in half. I made brownies, did about 15 loads of laundry, washed and scrubbed floors, scrubbed bathroom tiles, shopped, washed curtains and got rid of about 5 bags of crap from the kids' bedrooms. It was like spring cleaning, in the fall!
Kayla's birthday was on Saturday. We spent the day cleaning. Poor Kayla. I made her a gourmet breakfast...french toast, with whipped cream, topped with fresh berries, and for dinner we had her favorite: salmon, rice and brocolli. For desert we had angel food cake. Not a typical birthday party, but at least we were together. Kayla has decided that she'll wait for her birthday present till September 18th, because that's when Pokemon DS new game comes out in stores...and that's what she wants.
Can't believe how nervous I am the night before my baby girl goes off to high school. I logged on to the computer to print out our emergency phone # lists...to stick in their backpacks. I've put everything in there...tylenol, cell phones, emergency telephone quarters (In case battery on cell phone is dead) and some emergency cash for lunches, incase they forget theirs at home. Hope I didn't forget anything. LOL! I'm manic! LOL! I guess that's all part of being a mom. I had been thinking of going into work late tomorrow to see Kayla and Jory off to school, but I've decided that they will be fine with gramma and grampa seeing them off. I shall remind Kayla to phone me on her lunch hour...just to check in!
Hope she remembers where to ring the bell when the bus drops her off at home. EEK! I'll have to remind her when I get off.
Having said that...it's time to go make their lunches. Ahhh...the school routine has begun. :-)
sounds like u were busy!! i bet u r exhausted! but its all done, lol so u can relax for a bit now, lol
ReplyDeleteThere is never rest! LOL!
ReplyDelete