I love the buildings downtown. They are full of architectural design and history. Here are a few of my favorite buildings...which struck my fancy.
We stopped at the War Memorial (tomb of the unknown soldier)...what a gorgeous monument. AND of course, we saw lots of these tour buses. Kinda cool lookin' eh? If i had more time and money I would have went on one!!
Kayla's really into those Twilight books by Stephanie Meyer, and it's got her reading -- which I simply cant' get enough of seeing her do...so I splurged and bought her three more books for her birthday yesterday.
We had lunch at the Elephant and Castle pub on Rideau St. It was a bit pricey but well worth it! Kayla and I had french onion soup and caesar salad, and Jory had the soup of the day with caesar salad. Absolute Yumminess!!
And then...we ordered a strawberry cheescake for desert. We devoured it like scavengers. ha!!
Then we wandered around trying to find our bus stop back home. We ended up taking the most crowded bus ever. We were plastered in there like sardines and had to stand the entire ride. Ugh...i hate that.
Then we took our shoes off cuz we had blisters and could barely feel our feet and walked the remaining half an hour home. Jory took this pic of the sunflower....ahhhhhhhh...back in the country!!
The city shots are so beautiful!!! It looks like you all went to a fancy restaurant for lunch! What fun photos, Sandra!
ReplyDeleteGabrielle
Gorgeous photos and what a fun time it looks like you guys had! I love days like this!!
ReplyDelete