Sunday, May 30, 2010

We started cycling!

033Jory and I often sit around on Saturdays with nothing to do.  I really wanted to go for my walk but I want to involve the kids.  So…we thought we’d go biking.  We took a ride to our old neighbourhood.  It was weird seeing our old house…it looked much smaller than it did when we lived there and the neighbourhood seems more run down than it ever did when we lived there.  The bike path we used to take all the time to go rollerblading or walking seemed smaller than I ever remembered it.  It was a  great feeling though to be there.  Funny thing…I didn’t remember my ex husband or the life we had..what I remembered was playing outside with the kids and taking them for walks.  Memories truly do fade over time.  ;)

032So, on the way back we went in the woods and found the trail back to our place.  It was nice and shaded and much cooler on the way home than it was on the way there.  Note to self…buy helmets, water bottles, bug spray and a thick padding for your bike seat.  My butt is killing me this morning.

Our bike ride was 7.5 kms…in an hour and 15 mins.  I calculated i burned 1200 calories.  Maybe I’ll start biking more often!  ha!

I’m still walking to work and back home every day.   I’m loving that time to myself now too much to give it up – and to tell you the truth, I feel so wonderful about having lost 10 pounds and 4 inches off my waist…there’s no turning back now.

Kayla’s Grad mass is this week.  Today, we are going shopping for a dress for her.  Did I tell you she’s going out with Jeremy again?  Ya, they hooked back up last week.  That is why Jory and I were alone…she went to the fair with him on Saturday and came home with a bunch of stuffed animals and a sunburn.  ha! 

Friday, I got my roots dyed and I threw in some blonde highlights.  I like being blonde again – I thought it would be nice for the summer.  What do you think?

021020 017 028

I’m doing alright without Dennis.  I still miss him very much and there is not an hour of each day that I don’t think about him – but each week I come closer to the realization that it’s probably for the best.  Everything happens for a reason.

I watched Dear John last night.  I loved the book!  The movie was not 100% true to the book, and that I found disappointing, but for the most part, it was a great movie!  I love Nicholas Sparks.  I wish he’d create me a boyfriend.  ha!  Anyways…off to get some shopping done now…I am going to spend the day with  my baby girl.  :)  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

May you be blessed today and always. Lots of loves from us; Sandra, Kayla and Jory. :)